Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Changed my mind

The blue piece in my previous post has bothered me since it was done.  Finally I "bit the bullet", and changed it.  There was probably nothing wrong with it, but, in my mind, it wasn't right.  I took it apart.  Then I took out all of the tiny snowflakes filtering down, turned it upside down, and put them back in, but falling from the opposite end. As you can imagine, this was a bit of work, as it had been beaded and bound already.  The binding, backing, and  both the tiny beads, and their glitter-y white trails removed, stitch by stitch.  Re-stitching the glitter-y white trails, was a challenge, as all of the other beads, within the larger snowflakes were still there, and had to be avoided with the presser-foot, as many of the trails went right over the larger snowflakes, but it also gave me the change to put some of those trails behind the large snowflakes.  

Sounds a little ridiculous in writing, but I feel much more satisfied with the piece, and it's no longer keeping me awake at night.





I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network

No comments: