Wednesday, December 12, 2018

I'm so-o-o ashamed.

The last week or so has been a rush of craft sales, and preparation for craft sales, and then meetings about craft sales.  One such sale has been a regular event for the past few years, and every year I swear that I'll make a few Crazy Patch stockings to take, and every year I forget until it's too late.  This year was no exception.

So I vowed to make them right after the New Year.  However, with all of my meager Christmas preparations done, and a bit of time until the day, I started them this week.  The first one is sewn together, and decorated with programmed stitches in gold.  When I made my plans, I had forgotten that I had given all, yes, all, of my lace scraps to the local thrift store as part  of my "great purge".  But giving it a bit of consideration, I realized that I would be unlikely to get a price that would justify buying more, nor would it likely justify the extra labour that would be needed.

So here is the first one, just before stitching together.  I will be adding a red lining, and finishing with the top edge bound.  I assure you that they are the same size, and the difference probably due to foreshortening in the photo.


I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network

No comments: