Saturday, February 2, 2019

Finding the Muse

As mentioned in my previous couple of posts, my creative juices had stopped flowing.  The recommendation when this happens is to go into the studio and fondle fabric, or to"just make something". My "make something" was five charity quilts.  Four are quilted, and the other sandwiched ready to quilt.  But--ta da!--as a strategy this worked very well.  

Two ideas are in my mind, fighting to be made.  For one, I have a very clear vision, but haven't yet figured out how to create that vision.  I spent most of today experimenting with a mono-printing technique.  Did not work well.  So back to the drawing board with that one.  Maybe some raw edge applique.

The second one is ready to sandwich, for the basic machine quilting.  I have a clear idea of how to do that and have found suitable thread.  It will involve a lot of hand stitching, mainly beading, and progress will be slow.

But progress has been made.

I remain firm in my resolve to do as I please, and not worry about exhibitions or sales.  Especially not to worry about sales.

As well, in terms of my never-ending navel gazing, I think I've come to terms with my creativity, techniques, and processes for awhile.  Also with an even firmer re-affirmation about not worrying about sales.

No comments: