Monday, February 4, 2019

So what am I actually working on?

I spoke of a piece of sun printing I had resurrected.  Here are a couple of photos.

Here is the original sun print, done 3-4 years ago.  While I've finished a few sun prints over the years, they just don't sell in art shows.  I figured that it would be  waste of my time to try to actually use it.  


Then I turned it over.  Oh my!  This had possibilities.  So I created some rubber stamps, and created flowers using the very vague imprint that came through of the actual print.  I plan to FMQ this probably using a Sashiko-type design, on the diagonal.  The colour, of the flower petals didn't work out quite as I had hoped, so I then augmented it with fine tipped felt marker.  Then I will somewhat densely bead the flower centers.  At this point I'm thinking of bright yellow or gold beads, but that may change.


 As you may have guessed, I'm going through my shelves of hand dyed and painted fabric, and trying to use as much of it as I can.  Here are a couple more pieces I'm looking at.  Needless to say, I don't hold out much hope for the blue and orange piece, but I think I may try cutting it up and maybe piecing it, before adding some applique-maybe in very dark grey.


1 comment:

Angela said...

I love that you added a stamp to the sun printed fabric. I too have been going through my stash of created fabrics. It feels good to use them!