Sunday, June 2, 2019

Addicted to the studio

The last couple of weeks have been a frantic time of energy sapping events and commitments that exhausted me.  Finally, today I was able to gear down, and catch my breath.  I now have a period ahead of me of few commitments, and the potential for a great deal of studio time.  I've really missed it, and am looking forward to my "fix", just like an addict.  But first I had to deal with mess and routine studio chores.

When I got downstairs this is what I found.  First of all, ironing that really needs to be done, or I'll have no trousers to wear tomorrow.

Some second hand frames and  matting that I picked up in my travels today, and hope to use "some day".  We all know what that means. (Snort!)

Two half done projects that have been waiting far to long for a bit of attention.

A third project that I have tried to work on over the past two very busy weeks, and just isn't working out very well

And finally, a big pile of old, somewhat broken jewelry that we picked up in our travels yesterday. I don't have anything in mind for using it, but wanted to claim it anyway.  This was culled from a large shopping bag that was on it's way to a thrift shop.

Two hours work and it was sorted out into like objects, and later carefully sorted into various boxes in my bead cupboard. 

Tonight I just plan to "veg out", but tomorrow I can return to my alter-ego as a studio artist.  And loving it!!

No comments: