Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Homework

This week has been largely spent on homework for my "Mod Meets Improv" internet class with Elizabeth Barton, Through The Academy of Quilting.  There are two pieces that I think have worked out fairly well.  

 This is a mod version of the Rail Fence block.  I'm really quite pleased with it.  Originally I had thought I could use it as a charity quilt, but am so happy with it that I plan to keep it as is, quilt it, and maybe even display it as a modern quilt.  I know that modern quilts are usually full bed size, but I'm sure I can find somewhere  to exhibit it.

The next one was a study on planning seams that can be concealed by intense quilting, or otherwise hidden. The black is a modification to my design wall that makes working with a white background easier. Both of these are yet to be quilted.


I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network.

No comments: