Thursday, July 4, 2019

More class projects

There are several different types of suggested techniques to try with each lesson, but I'm tending to pick and choose the ones that I feel will either give me the most pleasure, or provide the best learning.  This is complicated a bit by my obsession with actually finishing a project.  I see no purpose in just working on a sample and then filing it away somewhere. and forgetting it.

I have a  more couple of  things to show you, as well as the piece in the last post.

The turquoise and black was an exercise in improvisational cutting and piecing of narrow strips.   I had wanted to get more curve in the strips, but I guess that will take more practice.  I have no idea how to turn that into a finished piece.



This second piece was an exercise in making grids.  I was surprised with how much I learned about the process, but, of course, I didn't stop and added the circles.  That meant machine buttonhole stitch with mono-poly.  Certainly not my favourite technique, but an essential one in many ways. 


There were a few other exercises, but they were paper and pencil tasks, so I see no point in showing those pictures here.

No comments: