Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Something entirely different

Having worked every day for the last 6-8 weeks on the intricately pieced  top I posted about last time, I wanted something quite different to work on, and also wanted something where I could do some hand stitching, while I watched tv.  The hand stitching didn't work out too well, but I did get something entirely different. I started trying to figure out how to use the eco-printed leaves I  did some time ago.  This is fairly small about 22" by 22", or slightly less.  It fought me all the way when I was trying to hand stitch the sections or trying out various other coloured threads for the machine stitching.  It quite insisted on black, and fought for the buttonhole stitch.  I didn't sandwich and quilt this but simply backed it with black felt.  I didn't think it needed any thing more than what you see here.

Full view 

 and two closeups of the eco-prints


I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread network

No comments: