Sunday, March 29, 2020

Life as we know it

How things have changed.  The internet is full of artists reveling in the time that has come available to them, with being confined to home.  Two things have changed the way I'm approaching the next few months.  First, there is no doubt that the gallery show, scheduled to be hung April 26 for a month, that I've been sweating over for the past while will be cancelled.  Secondly, I appear to have caught the "plague", and have been out of commission for the past week.  I have "come to the surface" today, to realize that I have no energy, nor interest in doing anything ambitious,  I would be quite content to sit and play on the internet for the next few weeks.  I've been following Sketchbook Revival 2020 with Karen Abend, and quite enjoying it.  I've also started a much more in depth sketchbook workshop on Design Matters TV, that will take quite some time to deal with properly.  So I'm going to give myself a break.  But I know that I would not do well without being able to fondle fabric.  So I will content myself with doing putter-y things in the studio.  There are several of these tasks that have been put off lately, and now is the time.  There is a whole laundry basket of narrow strips of cotton waiting to be pieced for another improv pieced quilt.  Mindless work that could well be done while listening to audible books, if I knew how to access audible books.  So I'll have to content myself with cd's or the radio.  Then I want to pursue the batik that I've been teaching myself over the past while.  There is also a need to find some sort of hand work that I can take to group meetings, once the world returns to normal.  I have two projects in mind to set up.

Sounds like I'm set to go, if only I could get off my butt and head for the studio.  Maybe after another cup of coffee.

No comments: