Saturday, July 24, 2021

Changing Gears

Not feeling particularly creative lately, so decided to tackle getting rid of the massive stash of fabric I've accumulated over the past 60 years. I've been posting about the process as things moved along, but now I'm moving on to other things. A few years ago, my husband was helpful in cutting many, many fabric scraps into commonly used, size pieces. Recently, I was shocked to discover a box full of 4" pieces of fabric--three large Zip Loc bags packed full! So, over the past month, I've produced 7 smaller, charity quilts, using some of those pieces, and a small box of scraps. There are still enough squares for about 3 quilts, and the scrap pile now fills a laundry basket. Don't know how that happened! Here are some pictures. It was interesting how much creativity was involved. Each of these is about 36" square. The whole process left me very much re-invigorated, and the project this weekend is producing about 24 prints on fabric, with the objective of adding several more layers, and producing 4-5 finished pieces.






No comments: