Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Orange Quilt

 A couple of times I've mentioned that my next charity quilt will be orange.  This quilt is now sandwiched, ready for machine quilting.  The machine quilting will give me an opportunity to fully test out my walking foot, something I know little about.  This orange came about when I won a set of fat quarters in a raffle at the LQG.  They had been hanging around the studio for several years, before they were cut into 4" squares, when I was culling my commercial fabrics.  These squares were among the last few to be worked into charity quilts.  I think there are enough cut squares for one more quilt after this one.  Anyway, these are the two fabrics I won, the black is mainly pumpkins and the orange is witches, ghosts, and Frankenstein's monster.


I'm quite pleased with the finished result and hope the machine quilting only enhances the fun.  Since I hadn't added any special touches, as I had with the others, I made the border a little fancier.




No comments: