Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Having fun

 When all the dust settled after the purge, I was left with a large bin of scraps, mainly left over from when I was working my way through Maria Schell's book.  Many of these were narrow strips pieced together in short strips of 5-6 narrow strips, about 4-6 inches across.  There were also a few, but not many larges pieced fabric.  So these were all cut into strips, as well, and then everything pieced in long narrow strips, trimmed to about 4" wide.  Finally these were joined side by side, and quilted.  Then, I cut them according to sizes described in a video workshop I bought from designmatterstv.com and finally put together to make two zippered bags.


I'm quite pleased with them.  There is still a basket full of similar scraps that will likely be used in the same way.

No comments: