Saturday, May 14, 2022

UFO pile

 Yes, now I'm tackling the UFO pile.  I've started the process of putting the binding on the green and pink EPP quilt.  This is almost a Queen size and has cut off corners, so there are eight corners to deal with.  As well, the darn thing is so big that getting it through my machine is difficult.  But the binding has been stitched to the back of the piece, and is now at the stage of turning the binding to the front and clipping it down.  There are threads to trim, and extra rows of stitching to un-pick, so it's a slow process, but I hope to have it finished this weekend.

Everything else is on hold, but my brain is working on planning a new piece, using the heavy sheets of water colour paper that were used for echo printing a couple of years ago.  There is a vague image circulating around my brain, that I need to pin down.  I plan to get into a sketch book, somehow, so that it doesn't get lost while the green and pink quilt gets finished.

No comments: