Tuesday, May 17, 2022

My brain is "foggy"

 all during my 100 Day Purge I was aiming at May 16 as being the last day.  OMG!  The last day won't be for another month, and I've purged just about anything I can. I was quite angry at myself, until I realized, that it's my purge, my plan, and I can do anything I want with it.  So I have declared that it's over.  Done!  Finished!

The green quilt was finished yesterday.  This was emotional for me.  I worked on it, by hand, almost every evening during the long Covid lockdowns. Two years. Now the quilt is ended, and many of the restrictions have ended.  I still have some UFO's left in the pile, but those are mainly pre-cut pieces ready to be put into charity quilts. Some of my colour choices are depleted, so today I bought 10 fat quarters in light cheerful prints.  I think these will greatly help fill out designs for the charity quilts, but only just enough pieces will be cut.  This is a little more time consuming than just cutting until the fabric is gone, but I have nothing but time.

A friend and I have talked lately about artists who are the "latest hot thing", but eventually fade as the next "latest hot thing" comes along.  This is maybe where I am.  My images and designs were popular once and sold well, but now I appear to have reached a stage of life where I no longer have to try to meet anybody's expectations-even my own.  I can do whatever I want and not have to apologize to anyone. This means that I can maybe take a deeper look at the ideas and designs that have been coming to the surface lately.  To that end, today I did some shopping.  Just a little-some beads, some charms, and the fat quarters I mentioned above.  And now, I can relax and get back to work--no more asking "Why on earth did I buy this?"

No comments: