Monday, December 27, 2010

Exhausted!

I'm slowly getting Twilight Snowfall bound, but, as you might have guessed, my heart really isn't in it. Then I have to have it photographed--at a very specific pixel count and size. I'm really not sure how to proceed. I'm starting a hands-on PSE class February 1st. While I don't want to mess up the teacher, I could take the photo myself, and hope she can help me re-size it at the first class. That would still give me time to get the entry forms away. Or I could ask my friend the art photographer to help me--yet again--although I w0uld be much further ahead if I learned to do it for myself.

BUT! Today I spent hours doing gelatin printing. My friend BrandyLynn came over this morning and we worked for almost 4 hours. Both of us had a drying rack full of pieces by the time we stopped to breathe. After she left, I had to have a wee nap. Then this evening I did a few more. Boy, did we ever go through fabric! Finally, about 7:30, I did a piece that I had been trying for all day. This is based on the colour field painting style, and is a Fast Friday Fabric challenge monthly challenge. Now I have until noon next Saturday to finish it and get it up on the internet.

My main intent for these pieces is to turn them into smaller hand embellished pices that can be mounted and framed for sale. Yeah, I bit the bullet and accepted that I'm still going to have to sell some of my work so that I can buy the supplies to keep going. This afternoon I picked my favourite of all the pieces I painted, and actually started to work on it. Ruined it, but I may be able to salvage something. Otherwise, I have 27 more pieces to keep me busy and off the streets over the next few months. Considering that I have two teaching events to prepare for, and quite a few classes that I've signed up for as a student, I don't think I'll have any time to get into trouble.

No comments: