Monday, December 20, 2010

Twilight Snowfall

is blocked, sized and bound--as a rectangle. When I was told that it had to be a rectangle to enter the exhibition, I lost heart with it. It will go off to New Zealand, with plans to re-shape it when I get it back, but I wonder if I'll really follow through. The local quilt guild has plans for a big show in the spring of 2012, so perhaps If I focus on getting it into that, it may give me an incentive.

Now I'm very busy making a couple of sample collages to help in publicizing the class I have scheduled for the Crafts Museum in late February. I hope to be able to take them into MCML when I atttend a meeting there January 3rd. Much of my collage work is based on work done by Beryl Taylor. I gave myself her new video for Christmas and it arrived last Wednesday. The actual project she uses to demonstrate her techniques does not appeal to me at all, so there's no danger of stealing her ideas ( I wonder if it was planned that way?) I found out that she has a previous video, so it looks like I know what I'm going to give myself for my birthday--or maybe sooner.

Next week I have another class with the same local artist as I spent a day studying under last fall. I'm very much looking forward to this--moreso than I'm looking forward to Christmas. It's so very convenient to have everything included in the class fee, and so supplies to worry about.

No comments: