Friday, December 10, 2010

Still fretting

I have sent a sketch of Twilight Snowfall" to the show organizer to see if the shaping on the lower edge might be acceptable, but I haven't heard back yet. DH has suggested that I finish it as a rectangle, and re-finish it once it returns from the show. I had thought of that, but held back in consideration of the technical issue of the actual finishing, as I had planned to face it. However, if I cut it as a rectangle and bind it, then I can remove the binding, re-cut it, and face it once it returns. The actual quilting should be finished to day, even if I have to add some around the lower edge to fill in the rectangle shape. This has been the only thing I've worked on for almost 7 weeks. Then comes the scarey part--I have to paint the surface. I've experimented with a couple of ways of doing it, on my doodle cloth, and have a pretty good idea about it, but painting!! After all that work quilting!??

When I was auditioning various snowflake methods, I had asked my friend Rose Anne about a very tiny tatted snowflake. She didn't think it could be done, but surprised me with three small, delicate, tatted snoflakes, at our recent Ravenesque meeting. Tatting is something I associate with a dear friend who passed away this year--Vera--who was a Master Tatter. Rose Anne also knew her and learned from her. So, in honour of both of these friends, the small snowflakes--a little too large for the front of the piece--will be attached to a special label that I'll make for the back.

No comments: