Thursday, September 27, 2018

Decision time

With a major purging session behind me, and the end of any possible machine sewing on the piece I've been working on for the last while, I don't know what to do with myself.  The hand sewing needed for that piece is getting done in short sessions, as I'm finding it difficult in terms of my arthritis.  So I need some machine work I can do, as a change of pace.  There are about 8 charity quilts cut, ready to go.  These are usually done quickly, one right after the other, as I find they sabotage my creative thinking.  Six were turned in this month.  There is no need to rush the remaining pile.  Being committed to a craft sale in December, I have a fair bit of preparation work to get done in the next two months.  But, based on historical data, this sale is likely to be a wonderful social day, without any serious sale opportunities.  Somehow it doesn't seem to have a high priority.  There are notes for two art pieces in my sketch book.  One of these leads into the other, so will have to be done first, except, I need to create the patterns, not my favourite task.  The deadline is late summer, next year. My brain doesn't know which task to choose as a priority.  A wealth of possibilities, which is sometimes a two edged sword.  So I go back to the old directive when faced with a mental block--Just do Something--doesn't matter what--but just start something.  My friends are expecting me to have a booth at the craft sale, and it might be in my best interest to put up a good one, even if the sale expectations are low.  I have a clear idea on how to do that, so I just have to kick myself in the butt and get to it!

At the beginning of September, two friends and I rented space in a smaller gallery for the month, and hung a show.  It was to come down ( end of the time we had paid for) this coming weekend.  I contacted them to arrange a convenient time to go, as it's about 1 1/2 hour away.  To my surprise, they asked if the show could be extended for several weeks.  Fine by me!  What a compliment!

No comments: