Monday, October 1, 2018

Finally, some time to myself

The last month or so has been frantically busy, between organizing and hanging gallery shows, and a wonderful family reunion, mainly at my house.  Today, I delivered and set up an exhibit at the Gaynor Family Library in Selkirk.  I had no idea what to expect, and hadn't realized that the whole configuration/set up of the library had changed, since my one visit to it, two years ago.  What had been described to me as a display case, turned out to be a wall alcove, only to be viewed from one side.  I had checked out the display cases at our local library, wondering if the ones in Selkirk  would be the same thing. Big surprise!  However, the lady from the library was most helpful, in making suggestions, and even supplying equipment.  I managed to get 5 different reliquaries and boxes into the available space, and am very pleased with the appearance of the finished project.  This is the last current commitment I have to deal with.  Big sigh of relief!  I will have to dismantle the show in Pinawa, at some point in the future, and the new display will have to be brought home "sometime in January".  So I have almost three month of "free time" in which to do whatever I please.  The craft show in early December is coming together fairly well, and at this point, but I feel no urgency about it.

What a wonderful feeling, and what a load off my shoulders!

No comments: