Monday, October 15, 2018

Decision time

Some time ago I posted about having cut many strips from a hand dyed piece of cotton damask, and my difficulty envisioning the next step. My progress has been mainly trial and error, and slow.

First, I pieced the strips together, adding a tiny bit of white between them.  Looked okay.

Then I dyed more cotton Damask with the same colour dyes, but in a more concentrated solution.  This was then sandwiched, and machine quilted within an inch of its life.  Leaf shapes were cut out, and hand beaded around the edges.

I'm now at the stage of figuring out how to use those shapes.  I've come up with three options, from fairly regimented to more "free fall".  Not sure which way to go.  Any opinions?

Option #1

Option #2

Option #3

Any help would be appreciated.

I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network, and Nina-Marie Syre's, Off the Wall Friday".

2 comments:

Muis said...

I like nr 3.....and the colors you used are beautiful!!!

Kathy Pitts said...

I like option 1 as it looks like several leaves fell at the same time and then scattered. The leaves are the star of this quilt.