Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Arg-g-g-h!

I had thought that this leaf piece could be bound in the same white cotton as I have between the lines, but looking it against the white  of the flannel on the design wall ( well, it was white a few years ago), I think the binding needs to make a bolder statement.  I'm not a fan of high contrast binding, but this just might be a place for it.  As well, I think that it needs to be just about the same colour as the predominant green in the leaves.  So, for the 4th time, I have a parfait dye bath set up, and I'm dyeing more cotton damask.  I don't have a lot of control over what the result will be, so here's hoping.

The cotton damask  I've used came originally from a two sets of napkins that I acquired, but they're gone. So I'm now into the table cloth.  That was bought a the local thrift store, and it looks like I'll have to go back there, if I ever want to dye the fabric again.  I love the way the weave of the fabric seems to glow, after dyeing.

No comments: