Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Surprise find

Doing a little more purging, I looked in a drawer, that I haven't opened in years.  I was surprised to find that it was full of tassels, mainly hand-made, but with a couple of luscious purchased ones as well.  I remembered taking a workshop in making them, taught by a girlhood friend, who is now deceased.  I also remembered the work that went into them.  Some were not quite finished, and some of them were not very well designed, but these five sure brought back memories.  The red and ecru ones are made with Rya rug yarn--a really gorgeous thing to work with, and no longer available around here.  The pine cone is velvet yarn  I have no idea where I found that!



Tonight  my Small fibre art group meets, and I plan to take them for "show'n'tell", and hopefully, get some ideas about using them, in an art piece.

I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network.

No comments: