Tuesday, October 23, 2018

For those who have wondered....

I had several responses to my query about the best layout for the leaves on the piece I'm currently making. The suggestions were about evenly distributed, among a few friends who e-mailed me privately, and those who commented on the blog.  One person, who knows my work well, said that she had trouble choosing, knowing that I would be adding other embellishment. Well, gosh, hadn't planned on that, but now that you mention it......   Giving the suggestion some thought, I realized that in all of the options, the leaves needed to be grounded, in some way.  I prepared a wrapped cord, using #8 perle cotton in the four colours that were used in the dyeing process,  and added them in simple straight lines.  The leaves were then sewn on, but the binding not yet done.  I'm happy.  There are also extra leaves that will be saved for another project.


I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network,  and Nina-Marie Sayre's Off the Wall Friday.

3 comments:

Angela said...

This piece is lovely!

Pat .F in Winnipeg said...

Thank you for the comment. This piece has proven a tough challenge, but I think I just about have it beat.
Pat F in Winnipeg

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

I love this arrangement!