Saturday, July 21, 2007

Muses and musings

I was worried about my muse. I thought she had left and then come back. She is really here, and I have so many ideas, but now I'm having doubts again about my technical ability to carry them out. So I went to talk to friends, which lead me to think about why I would go to these particular friends for support. It is because these friends know how important my stitching is to me, and they can empathize with my worry and concern about not being able to stitch the way I want to--and used to be able to do. I stitched for two hours this evening,and now it's enough for today. I used to stitch for 12 to 16 hours a day, for several days in a row. I know I have to recognize what a blessing it is that I can stitch at all. Two of the ladies I spoke to really gave me pause for thought. One has sold her house and is moving away to be closer to her family. She's leaving behind the support system that she has developed over a life time. The other one has a job that keeps her moving around the country. She is now on holiday and drove for two or three days to spend time with her stitchery support system here. Our stitching/quilting friends are irreplaceable. No-one can understand the force that drives us to this sort of creativity, except another stitcher/quilter. So hug your stitching/quilting friends today. They can't be replaced.

No comments: