Thursday, February 17, 2011

A big glass of brandy

This week has been wild, with health concerns taking over from the creative endevours.  But now that's over.  Today was my last scheduled class with a prominant local artist.  These classes have been stimulating, but when combined with the other acrylic painting classes I've been taking, a little ovewhelming. I've had to step back and remind myself why I'm doing this.  I'm comfortable with colour, but had wanted more training in things like composition.  Now I feel like I'm on information overload and need a chance to work quietly to practise the techniques I've learned.  There has just been too much, too fast. The pieces I'm producing do NOT demonstrate any improvement in composition, perhaps even some confusion.  In additon, I'm so busy producing class pieces that I'm not producing any of my own original work.  I need to process all of this, and come up with a plan to carry me over the next few months, until I'm healthy enough to start producing saleable work again.

Tonight was also the occasion of my presentation to the LQG.  It went well, and there was good feedback.  But thank Goodness it's over.  So here I sit with a big glass of brandy celebrating the approaching end of my current commitments.  Salute!

No comments: