Saturday, February 12, 2011

Slow Progress

Got some tidying done in the studio, but Wednesday night I must have hurt my arm while sleeping, so it was back to the sling and painkillers for a couple of days. It's a little better today, but I've learned my lesson.

So DH has been helping me to get ready for the commitments I've got. We made fabric paper and cut it to size for the collage class at the end of the month, and we selected the items for the trunk show I'm doing for the local quilt guild (LQG) next week.

A friend, Brandy, ( www.brandylynndesigns.blogspot.com) has helped me with the show entry that has to be in the mail in the next day or so. Thank you, Brandy! We had been asked to send two pages of personal information to be placed in a binder that will be accessible to people who view the show. Brandy is an emerging author and poet, who is a member of my art quilt support group, Ravenesque. She was good enough to offer to do this for all of the group members who are entering this show. ( Most of the group are also members of the Fibre Art Network-- http://www.fibreartnetwork.com/ ) This type of self promotion is something I've never done and I had no idea how to go about it, but she produced two excellent pages for me.

Things are very slowly getting back to normal. I'm in the studio for a couple of hours a day. I'm able to do a small ( very small)amount of hand stitching, and I hope to try some beading in the near future. The painting is going fairly well. Since this is something I do just for fun, I don't have to measure success, in that area, in terms of anything except fun. Sort of nice to be able to think that way for once.

No comments: