Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Introspection

While browsing my sketchbook, I found a list of goals and objectives from a few years back. Goodness, I was organized--or trying to be organized--in those days. It's interesting to read them over and look back at what I had hoped to accomplish, what I actually did accomplish, and the importance I would give those activities now. At that time, I was determined to establish myself as an artist. Now I see the pleasure I get out of making things and solving those technical problems as being much more satisfying. I don't think I've "given up" my goals as much as those goals have matured. Along with that is my acceptance of myself as I am. This may seem like a small thing to some, but it's a major step for me. so now I'll continue to do the things that give me pleasure, and if those things lead to acceptance as an artist--that's great.

1 comment:

Dianne Leatherdale Johnson said...

Pat, I wish I could grow up to be like you.
Dianne