Thursday, February 3, 2011

things looking up

The arm is getting a little more useful--very slowly. The small piece that was frame-mounted is going very slowly, and the character of stitching is different. I took it off the frame today, and tried to work a bit in my hand--and was able to do it! So we're in business again--slowly and bit by bit. The three pieces I have in progress needed beads. Now I have a corner cabinet three feet across the front and six feet high--full of beads--but I went shopping, anyway.

I love bead stores, but always spend more than I should, so tend to avoid them. It had been awhile since I had visited this store, and things had changed. There was less stock and the prices were higher--but I still found more than I needed. Since I can't yet drive, DH was with me. He's often quite a help, but in an unusual way. He's colourblind, but is a fantastic judge of value. This means that I can show him two items, such as fabric and a bead and ask if they match--and he rarely makes a mistake.

He's also the voice of my conscience. So we have conversations about "wants" vs "needs" when we go shopping. I guess the clerk overheard us. She sidled up to me and whispered "all of those are half price today anyway" So we bought them all.

No comments: