Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Latest dyeing

Here are the pictures of the latest dyeing. I'm very please with all of them, as I got the mottled effect I was hoping for. 

I'm not sure of the colours of dye used, but my best guess for this one is turquoise and Deep Purple
and a close-up

I think the colours in the second one were Turquoise and Emerald.
and the close up

The next one was a little paler than I really wanted, but it's always easier to find a use for paler colours for a future design.  the  colours were Deep Purple and Fuschia.  Whoops!  Looks like the close-up comes first.


and the last one, which I believe is fuschia and scarlet.  I already have a plan for this one--an abstract based on a photo of a group of flamingos feeding

and the close-up

1 comment:

LA Paylor said...

Flamingos???
Please send the scraps!!
I've made probably 15 to 20 flamingo quilts with a group of blocks ready for setting now.