Thursday, November 19, 2015

What to do, what to do---

Since I've been feeling better, there are new ideas crowding my brain. But we have been cleaning out the junk in the house and discarding all of the dust catchers, in an effort to alleviate some of my allergies.  This means  taking a hard look at the storage areas of the main studio, and this means being forced to deal with the dreaded UFO's, as well as the 12 big Rubbermaid storage containers of fabric.

So how do I set my priorities?  There is, at least, one project that must be finished for Christmas, and a set of ATC's to be finished for a trading group meeting on December 6th.  Both of those chores are at the top of the list, but then I think I'll put new projects aside and take a look at the UFO's.  There are probably less than 20 of them, maybe as few at 10.  Half a dozen of those are finished quilt tops that need quilting.  There is no way I can afford to send them to a long-armer, as they are destined  to end up as charity quilts.  I'm not sure I could even afford to send them to a long-armer for basteing.  There are also about 4 partially pieced quilt tops, which may just end up being re-purposed, in some way.

So maybe, for now, I'll work on my two urgent projects, and spend time sorting and preparing a prioritized "to do" list.  At this point, I don't even want to think about sorting through all of that fabric!

No comments: