Sunday, November 22, 2015

Play Day

Despite my plans to dedicate time to cleaning up the UFO's, I was committed to a "Play Day" with my local Art Group.  Some of the ladies wanted to experiment with dyeing fabric rather than using paint on it, and this day had been organized.  Very nice to have a dedicated facility for this type of thing, but a "p-i-t-a" to transport all of the supplies and equipment.  

I did some LWI dyeing to demonstrate the technique, and then demonstrated pulling some prints using a home made gelatin pad, while another lady demonstrated on a Gelli Pad.  Then we all proceeded to do our own thing.  One lady fell in love with the home made gelatin pad and spent the rest of the day with it.  She expressed that the results were some of the most satisfying work she had done in awhile.  I used a Plexiglass sheet to make about 10 mono-prints.  I had the vague idea of producing a series of 12" by 12" pieces over the next few months, but the finished prints turned out to be a little too small for that, so I'll have to give the whole concept some more thought. The LWI pieces ( 4 of them) are good.  One in particular is ear-marked for a long range project. I'll try to post some pictures in the next few days.

My "to do"list of UFO's is progressing slowly.  The left over fabric from two recent projects is slowly being turned into hexies.  This is something I can do while relaxing with the tv in the evening. Where the hexies will end up is another issue, but I justify by saying that hexies are much more likely to end up in a project,  than they would as fabric scraps in my bin.  And re-purposing is a very acceptable way of dealing with UFO's.

No comments: