Thursday, March 24, 2016

Progress de-railed

Circumstances have forced me to put the reliquary aside for awhile.  I am committed to a show/sale in mid-April, and managed to sell a great deal of my stock, quite unexpectedly.  This meant a rush replacement.  Time was spent producing a series of 20 mono-prints, which I then turned into small purses.  The body of the purse is FMQ'd, sometimes quite intricately.  While it's really a great creative exercise, it's also a chance to practice my FMQ'g.  A couple of the mono-prints just didn't work out, but the rest are now put together and ready for hand finishing.  Some had additional screen printing or some stamping added to improve the design..

Here they are lined up, waiting for their turns under the needle.  While there are only 15 here, four more are hidden under the table, having been hand stitched, and now waiting for a small, coordinating tassel to be made, and added to their zipper pulls.

  

No comments: