Thursday, November 29, 2018

A better solution?

I shared my distress with "Black Ice" with a friend, whose judgement I trust.  She decided that she didn't trust a screen view of a photo to accurately display the value contrast and colour of the piece, and dropped in this afternoon to see the real thing.  She wasn't as disappointed as I was with it, and thought it still had value and was worth finishing. Just prior to her arriving, I had turned it to landscape format rather than portrait, and found a much more pleasing design.  I had also darkened the colour of the snowflakes a bit with black acrylic paint.

It has yet to be trimmed, and will be narrower and a tiny bit shorter than it is now, which may also help consolidate the design a bit.  So it is to be trimmed and bound, in black, and entered into the show it was planned for.  That organization can make a final decision about it.

No comments: