Thursday, November 8, 2018

A frenzy of activity

But all's quiet now.  I have 22 cards for the craft sale in early Dec.  As well, I'm planning to take all of the stock I have left over from craft sales over the years, and mark it all down, in hopes of getting rid of it.  I'm firmly committed to my goal of not ever doing craft sales again, and this will help with my resolve.  Not sure what might happen if I end up bringing stuff home, though.  I'd rather garbage it than send it to the thrift store.

This means that I now have to get to work on the cushions I have promised to make for a friend.  She had quite firm ideas on how they were to be finished, including supplying the fabric she wished to be used.  She is a high profile needlework designer, and instructor, and these cushions are to be used in promotional activities for her newest designs.  So I know enough to do what I'm told.  I have now cut everything, and further prepared for every step of the process, and should have them finished in a couple of days.

I have recently entered two distinct art exhibits, committing to three pieces.  One of the three is finished, but the other two are just germinating in my mind, at this point.  The theme of this exhibit is "Ice".  I've done a lot of snow and ice inspired pieces over the years, and find the designs of those pieces keep interfering with my thinking.  There is no reason not to take some inspiration from those pieces, but I like to think that my designing abilities have matured a bit.  So I'll keep plugging along for awhile.  One design that immediately sprung to mind on hearing the theme was to take a picture of a well filled glass of B&B brandy, on the rocks, with the bottle beside it, print it on cloth, and add thread painting.  I could title it " My Favourite Kind of Ice".  Still haven't totally rejected that one, Just have to work out the technical details.  Maybe my design sense hasn't matured much as I think.

No comments: