Saturday, November 3, 2018

Another opportunity

When I was wallowing in my frustration at not being able to machine quilt, an opportunity presented itself, in a reminder that the gift shop in Selkirk, was looking for Seasonal items.  The last three days have been spent in producing 15 greeting cards, and three small purses, all using items from my stash.  The only thing I had to buy was a glue stick, when the one from the stash emptied itself.  I used previously painted papers with abstract images using alcohol inks.  I found quite a pile of greeting cards blanks c/w matching envelopes, that had been given to me.  Unfortunately one card suffered from glue in the wrong spot, and wasn't good enough to offer for sale.  But that doesn't mean I can't use it for myself.  And I knew where to find a big plastic tub full of specialty fabrics that worked out quite nicely.  


Now, I figure that, if I can buy more card blanks, I could make a few greeting cards to take to the craft sale I'm committed to in early December, so I would have a few new items.

No comments: