Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Slow progress

I've not been feeling well the last two or three days.  When I was working I only rarely took sick days.  Those who worked with me said that I was never sick, but sometimes "dragged butt" for a few days.  I think that describes how things have been since the weekend.  Slowly but surely, I have finished the cushions I spoke of in the last post.  It's been a few years since I did anything like that, and my arthritic hands objected to the process quite strenuously.  I have learned to never do anything like that again.  So this means yet another physical skill that has been lost to the aging process.

This also means that I have no further commitments, and can do whatever I want, studio-wise.  As part of pacing the difficult work, I made a set of ATC's for this month's trade.  The theme was "Windows", so I pulled some pictures of stained glass windows off the internet, and made a collage of them.  I'm pleased with how they turned out.


Actually, I do have a commitment.  A class proposal I made to the LQG has been accepted, for next April.  Now we just have to wait and see if anyone signs up.  I have a sample to take to help promote the class, and have the entire class planned out in my mind.  All that needs doing is getting everything down on paper.  

This brings to mind the old saying that " those who can, do, and those who can't, teach".  There are a lot of things I can no longer do, but I can teach.


No comments: