Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Not so sure

This is the piece I've been frantically working on for the the past week.  I took a piece of white fabric, and spatter painted it, with black.  Disaster.  So I overdyed it with a very dark grey dye.  Then I created some stamps, and used them to print three snowflakes on it.  It was then FM'd quite densely allover.  This is what I now have, although in this picture the quilting was not quite finished. I'm not very happy, despite the amount of work that went into it.  I working title was "Black Ice", but that certainly doesn't suit anymore.





There is close to 35 hours of work into it, up to this point, so I don't want to declare it part of my "crap quota", just yet.  I wonder if my best bet might be to cut it into three smaller pieces, each large enough to make one snowflake a focal point.

No comments: