Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh-Oh........

I think I've taken on more thanI can handle. As I'm quilting "Midnight Snowfall" the blendable thread is changing the values within the piece and making it much light. So now we have "Evening/Twilight Snowfall", and I sure hope we don't end up it "Noon Snowfall". But the quilting is turning out to be a massive job. I've got 25-30 hours into it now and have finished less than 1/4 of the quilting. The problem is that each individual line of stitching, and there are hundreds of them, has to be tied off at both ends, and the ends buried. This is what's taking the time. I'm also at the stage where I'm starting to doubt myself, and my pea brain keeps saying "This isn't going to work. How the heck are you going to get the snowflakes to show up on this." The answer is "I don't know how I'm going to do the snowflakes. That's why I made such a big doodle cloth. And it has to be quilted as well, just to truly test the damn snowflakes. " Arg-h-h-h! And there are still 4-5 other ideas whirling around in mybrain. By the time the snowflakes are finished,I'll have forgotten them all LOL
Regardless, I have a 6:00am doctor's appointment tomorrow and then I have to drive out to Beausejour to pick up some sandwich boards, and deliver them to the Crafts Museum to use at the "Big Sale" this weekend. So bedtime.

No comments: