Thursday, November 25, 2010

Still dithering

After the sale last weekend, I did a volunteer shift with my art group, and got to see what was selling. Again it was small stuff--under $100. So the issue of sales or exhibition remains a valid question.

But this week I have classes. On Tuesday I took a begginners acryclic class called "Paint a Landscape in Two Hours"--and I did. Never plan to show it to a soul, but I did it. Wednesday was one of my regular classes. This time we were to go with an idea, but were not allowed to use brushes--only pallette knives. I took some of my pictures of rock faces, and managed to get one painted, but didn't have exactly the colour of paint that I wanted, so my rocks turned out a little to brown/red. The grass around the rocks was great--I was very pleased with it. I'm almost tempted to re-do it but with better coloured paint--but that might mean buying more paint--and December is just around the corner. Saturday, I'm taking the first half of a silk painting class. I have no idea when or where I might use this, but this is my year to explore my creativity, so on we go.

Last evening was a little different. My son the magician visited, and brought me some clothing for alterations--the sort of alterations that magicians need to dazzle ther audiences with magic. This isn't the first time this has happened and it's always fun to find out how these things are done. Even when you know the trick, it can be quite amazing. And I've never seen this trick, as there was a part of the set up that he didn't show me, so I don't really know how it will work during a performance.

1 comment:

Dianne Leatherdale Johnson said...

Oh come on, please show me the landscape!
Dianne