Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quite a weekend.

The big sale is over, and it turned out to be somewhat of a mixed blessing. Yesterday was not good. We only grossed $42.00 in 6 hours, but I took some dyed fabric and a few small purses to a quilters' Guild meeting and sold more than twice that. This morning there were no people and we only grossed $35.00. It was so slow that I went to take a look at another sale a couple of blocks away and left DH in charge. However, this afternoon was a bit better and I can now say that we made a bit more than expenses.

But that wasn't my only reason to be there. I'm really wondering if these sales are the way I want to go. For the past two years, they have rarely been profitable. If I want to enter any more, I'm going to have to do some more production work, and I've promised myself a year off of that. So--some hard decisions to make.

No comments: