Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A new Challenge

The studio is humming with activity.  I was given the opportunity to participate in a fairly high level event, as part of one of the groups I belong to.  We will have a sales booth.  This means the emphasis is sales as opposed to exhibition.  I have committed to supplying five or more 12 by 12 wall hangings, and I need them by the end of May.  I finished the first one today. A second one is in progress, and two more are planned, with the supplies gathered.

I don't worry too much about titles for this sort of event. The first is a full view, and as you can see, it has both fibre and mixed media elements.  The piece behind the beads is the "wrong" side of an old sun print, but I think it works quite well here. The background on the right is a stitched Shibori piece, and on  the left is Diupionni silk The circles are make up puffs, painted, and then stiffened with gel medium


This is the close up.  It is fused, and only the edges of the fabric stitched.

I plan to link this with The Needle and Thread Network

No comments: