Friday, April 20, 2018

I'm so embarrassed!

Yes, I gave into peer pressure, and actually bought some commercially printed fabric.  Usually, when I buy fabric it is something that I plan to dye or paint, or something very plain that I can use to help in some sort of stash reduction project.  I was with a friend, at the recent quilt show, when we saw this panel, in Momma Bear's Quilt Shop from Ashern, Manitoba.  We both fell in love with it, but the lady only had the one.  My friend bought it, and I ordered it for future postal delivery.



There were several companion prints, but I only bought one, thinking that I could cut out the cats, and applique them onto small purses that I make and sell at local gift shops and craft sales.



Imagine my surprise, when the panel arrived and it was twice as big as I had expected!



My plan was to quilt it quite simply, and then bead the "c--p" out of it, but, with the larger size, I'm going to think about that a bit more.  I think a hanging from a panel of three might be sale-able, but I'm not so sure about a larger one.  Of course, I could always make two of them.  My only regret was not buying a length of the actual background fabric which is a very subtle black and grey print.  However, the area behind the actual cats, is plain black, so that will have to do for finishing.




No comments: