Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Thinking about my life--OMG! Not that again

Having finished the latest 12 by 12, I knew I needed a change of pace.  I took a look at the project I had put aside to work on them.  It's been on the design wall where I can see it every time I use the sewing machine, and I've been giving it a lot of thought over the past two weeks.  Today I came to a decision, cut it up and threw it in the garbage. Then I tidied the studio while mentally reviewing my "to do" list.  I decided to the designing of one of the other pending projects I have, documented in my sketch book.  It needed some research, and I started that on the computer, but wasn't the least bit successful finding anything useful.  So a trip to the library is indicated. It's closed today.  By this time I'm tired, and it's almost time to start cooking supper.  After supper, what do I have to do with myself?  Nothing.  There was no thing that needed doing, nor any thing available to amuse myself.  

It's been so long since I had any time off from the studio--where I'm deliciously happy most of the time--that I honestly didn't know what to do with myself.  A whole evening ahead of me, and I couldn't think of a thing.  So I spent the time evaluating my recent lifestyle,and found it very lacking in social contact, and any sort of activity outside the house.  This isn't healthy.  something needs to change.

No comments: