Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kids and Cats

I thought being a grandparent was all about making cookies and watching Mom change diapers. Not So! Tonight we will be babysitting our two youngest grandchildren, while their parents go to a seminar on hip dysplasia in dogs. This sad because their beautiful black Lab has been diagnosed, and it means the end of their dreams of a champion dog and the start of a breeding program. He has already won just about every field trial he has entered and they had really high hopes for this very well trained and beautiful animal. Then I got a call from my DS asking if we would baby sit his elderly cat for a couple of days while he has his hardwood floors re-finished? Now we haven't had a cat in a very long time, we both are a little allergic to them, and have been enjoying the freedom of not having to worry about animals. However, it's only for a couple of days. So then we started to talk about how much trouble a small, frightened animal could get into as my studio and all of the storage areas are open. And we can't take anything out to the garage as it's full of all of my DD's stuff awaiting her move next week. This means spending the day re-organizing the basement.

Then to add insult to injury, I'm trying to arrange a coffee/lunch get together wih a very dear friend who will be moving out of the area in a couple of months. Neither of us can seem to find time because both of us are tied up with children and grandchildren!!

I spent most of yesterday working on a hand made box that I was hoping to use as a sample in a potential class I want to teach. I've devoted almost 30 hours to this box--and it's not working. I'll be starting over again. But, at least, I know some of the pitfalls. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: