Thursday, June 12, 2008

A trip today

Off to the lake. The weather has been terrrible--cold, rainy, and strong wind. So we loaded down with jackets, and coffee makings etc. We stopped at Tim Horton's to buy lunch, and instead of our usual sandwich bought chili to go. Well, by the itme we got down there-113 miles east, the weather was beautiful. Not hot but very pleasant. It only took a few minutes to tear down the wood heater we were planning to get rid of ( at the requestof the insurance company), and we discovered that we weren't going to be able to get the water running. The tap in the kitchen of the cottage had broken off last fall, and no-one told us. So there was no way to turn the water on. This meant that we drove for almost 5 hours (round trip) and spent 30 minutes working. Saw some very strange mushrroms growing. I've never seen any like this before. My SIL told me that, while he was out guiding, the cook had prepared a dish with wild Morels, and I have to wonder if that was what I saw. Dark brown and very ripply and convoluted. I seem to remember that I once read that they were somewhat similar in appearance to a deadly fungus-Death Angel- or something like that. So guess I have to do some research before I tell anyone about them.

No comments: