Monday, June 30, 2008

Studio Day-Anticipation

Yes, I have a studio day with a friend planned for today! DH plans to go along and, after dropping me off, he is going to our DD's new house to paint. I'm all "a twitter" trying to figure out what to take with me to work on. My friend doesn't know it, but we're going to spend some time going through her stash looking for stuff that could be used in a collage. Now, given the size of my friend's stash, that could take all week, but we'll try to control ourselves. So I decided to try my hand at thread painting. I have a sun print of lizards that I'm going to "tart up". I have the most recent issue of Quilting Arts Magazine that has an article on a less dense type of thread painting that just might work with the lizards. We may even tryo our hands at makign fabric paper. All of this means that I'm going to have to pack up everything but the kitchen sink! Better get busy.

No comments: