Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Still Vegging?

Maybe not--I don't know. Spent yesterday morning sitting in a coffee shop with a very dear friend. We have known each other for over 30 years. There have been times when we didn't see each other for a few years at a stretch, but then when we got together, it was like we had never been apart. She retired at the end of May, and has found the transition difficult. I tried to point out that she is probably going through a grieving process, and that this will take time. But it sounds as though her DH has made the transition a little quicker, and that this has put them at odds. Then I had a studio visitor in the afternoon. She didn't stay long, just came to pick up something, but it was a bit of a break anyway. Then supper. Well, I haven't had to think about planning and preparing an evening meal for over a week. And for me, this is a habit that has proven easy to break. ( Don't I wish they were all that easy to break!)

I finished the first collage that was inspired by the Beryl Taylor book. I'me very, very pleased but have yet to figure out how to hang it. I had thought about mounting it on a stretched canvas, but it's an odd size. so that would mean having a canvas custom made for it. I haven't a clue how expensive that might be. At this point I'm just going to put a couple of curtain rings on the back..just to use while I figure out something else. So--nothing on tv--I started a second one. I had the pieces layed out, before I went to bed, and, of course, my brain was in gear all night, and I'm having second thoughts. The book was all about layering and miniscule details, and I had started to simplify, in my planning. So I'll take another look this morning. The third one I had planned is taking off in a completely different direction--it may well end up as a thread painting instead of a collage. Of course, then I would have to learn to thread paint!

No comments: