Friday, August 10, 2018

Something made for fun

The last while has been busy and, in some ways, emotionally difficult.  Giving away the treasures that have been hidden in my stash for years is sad, even though I know that they have to go.  I don't want my children stuck with the chore of deciding where to send the treasures when I'm no longer here--or trying to sell them off for pennies on the dollar, at a garage sale.

After another yet afternoon of purging, I needed to have some fun, and put together a small piece, fairly traditional, but acceptable for exhibiting, if something small is required to fill an empty space.  I had fallen in love with the applique fabric and bought it, with no clear idea of how it might be used, but I think it works well here.  I have appliqued it using a Broderie Perse technique. The background is a piece of very light tan fabric, that I rusted.  The finished piece is 15" by 21".  It can't be seen in the photo, but the flowers are FMQ'd, and lightly beaded.  I have given it the title of "A Simple Pleasure".



1 comment:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Lovely! Good for you tackling the difficult task of purging your work to lessen the burden on your children.