Monday, August 6, 2018

The "Great Purge" continues

While I was  sitting,  and watching dye work, I was asked why I need to dye more fabric, when I have two shelves of my heavy duty shelving unit absolutely full of dyed fabric.  Good Question.  Maybe because it's there?  But I accept that it's a valid point.  So I went through it all and made up a bundle to go to the thrift store, filled a 5 gallon garbage pail, created a pile to re-purpose into charity quilts, and kept a very small pile with potential for use.

At the same time, I noticed that I have two full shelves of polymer clay and associated equipment, that I will never use, given the arthritis in my hands. So I've contacted my former instructor, whom I know is still in the business, and offered it all to her, to do with as she sees fit-gratis.

Now I sit over my daily coffee, and realize that I don't feel sad, or any remorse, but rather a sense of relief.

No comments: