Sunday, April 19, 2020

Finally some progress

Yesterday, I decided to buckle down and get serious about the on-line Sketchbook workshop I've signed up for at DesignMatters TV.  This meant sending by long-suffering husband off to find a new colour cartridge for our printer, as several enlarged photos were required before I could start. 
There was a lot of stumbling around in the first section, and a lot of accompanying grumbling from me.  But the second section was much more appealing, and it was "off to the races".  I was very pleased with the results, but I was working on cheap drawing paper, rather than into an actual sketchbook, as the kit that was sent me, as part of the workshop fees, has yet to arrive.  I have a small, 5 by 8, sketchbook, and today's challenge will  be to transfer the technique learned yesterday into a much smaller scale for use in the actual book.   I have some ideas, and am anxious to try them.


The whole thing has also given me an idea related to a piece I started a couple of years ago, but never finished, as the technique I was using just didn't work out.  I do believe that I may have solved my problem.  We'll see.

No comments: